1. Pat beef dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add beef and brown all over, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a plate.
2. Whisk in broth, scraping up any brown bits. Add beef and vegetables and bring to a simmer. Partially cover pot, reduce heat to low, and cook until vegetables are fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Using tongs, transfer celery and onion to a food processor or blender. Add tomato sauce and puree until smooth. Pour mixture back into broth and continue to simmer until beef is tender, another 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add orzo, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and divide into 4 bowls.
5. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and ladle over orzo. Serve with cheese (if using).
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2016