* Optional Toppings:1 (15 slice) pkg. Nature's Place Fully CookedUncured Bacon1/2 lb. Inspirations Oven Baked Ham, finelydiced1 (2/3 oz.) pkg. Nature's Place OrganicChives, thinly sliced2 cups coarsely chopped Nature's PlaceOrganic Baby Spinach1 (10 oz.) pkg. Inspirations New York SharpCheddar Cheese, grated1 (6 oz.) container Inspirations GreekNonfat Plain Yogurtsesame cracker stickshot sauce
1. In a slow cooker, stir together all 4 packets of broth concentrate and wateruntil well combined. Add carrot and celery sticks, onion, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and whole, peeled potatoes in the order listed. Do not stir.
2. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. At the end of cooking, use a slotted spoon to transfer 3 of the potatoes to a cutting board; cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
3. Transfer remaining vegetables and 1 cup of the broth to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. (Be careful, the mixture will be very hot.) Alternately, use an immersion blender to puree.
4. Return the pureed vegetables to the slow cooker. Stir in evaporated milk and yogurt, then add the reserved chopped potatoes. Taste the soup for seasoning; add more salt and pepper if desired. Cover and lower heat setting to warm.
5. If using, cut bacon into small pieces; add to a skillet over medium heat andcook until crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain pieces on a paper towel. Place all the toppings you are using in small bowls and set in the center of the table. Ladle soup into bowls and let diners garnish their own serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2012