1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until blended, about 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl and beat again until creamy.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, mix flour mixture into cookie dough just until blended, about 1 minute.
5. Add pretzels and trail mix. Mix in by hand until well blended. It's OK if pretzels break.
6. Drop 1/3-cup-sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet, with about 3 inches between them (about 8 cookies per sheet); gently flatten with the palm of your hand until about 1 inch thick.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until cookies are very lightly browned on top and edges and firm in center. Let rest on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes, then use a spatula and carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
8. To serve, pile cookies onto a large plate.
Do-Ahead Tip: Make cookies up to three days in advance. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container until game day.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2008