What Kids Can Do:
* Cut pork tenderloins into thirds and season.
* Measure ingredients.
* Place ingredients in slow cooker.
* Mix together ingredients for Hawaiian barbecue sauce.
* Pour sauce over meat.
* Shred cooked meat.
1. Prepare pork. Cut each tenderloin into three pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over meat.
2. Heat 1 tsp. of the oil in a skillet set over medium high heat. Place 3 pieces of pork in pan and brown evenly, approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove pork and place in slow cooker. Add remaining three pieces of pork. Remove pork, add to slow cooker, and reduce heat under skillet to medium low. Add chicken broth to pan and scrape up browned drippings. Pour broth over meat.
3. Prepare sauce. In a medium bowl, mix ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, Chinese five-spice powder, and Liquid Smoke. Pour over meat. Place cover on slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. After cooking, remove pork pieces from sauce and shred with two forks. Stir shredded meat into sauce. Serve hot, garnished with pineapple, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2008