1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the crust. In a food processor, blend crust ingredients until mixture has the texture of bread crumbs. (Alternately, place cereal in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, then mix with ginger, oil, and molasses in a bowl.) Pour crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie pan. With a spoon, evenly press crumbs onto the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Prepare the filling. In food processor or large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, pumpkin butter, egg, egg whites, evaporated milk, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Process or whisk until filling is smooth.
4. Pour filling into pie shell. Bake until filling is set and not wet to the touch, about 42 to 45 minutes.
5. Let pie cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled. Cut into slices and serve, with a dollop of whipped topping if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012