1. Toast almonds in a small skillet over medium-high heat, about 4 to 5 minutes. As soon as the nuts begin to smell toasted and turn golden, remove from heat and transfer to a food processor.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
3. While water comes to a boil, prepare the pesto. Add kale, basil, mint, scallions, garlic, 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the almonds. Pulse the ingredients a few times to combine.
4. When water boils, add linguine and stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just al dente, about 12 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain linguine and return it to the pot or to a large serving bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved linguine water to the kale mixture and process until almost smooth.
5. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain any cooking liquid, leaving the scallops in the pan. Add pesto, stir well to combine, and bring to a simmer.
6. Add scallops and pesto to the linguine and toss well. If desired, add a little more of the remaining reserved linguine cooking water to thin the sauce slightly
7. To serve, divide among 6 bowls. Garnish each bowl with Parmesan (and lemon zest if desired).
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2013