What Kids Can Do:
* Older children can peel potatoes and carrots.
* Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
* Squeeze lime juice and prepare dressing.
* Add ingredients to serving bowl and stir to combine.
1. Hard-boil eggs. Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with tepid water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes. Run under cool water until cool enough to handle, then peel and coarsely chop. Set aside.
2. While eggs sit, fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Cook frozen peas for 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer peas to a bowl. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are just cooked through. Drain. Run cold water over potatoes and carrots until cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Place peas, potatoes, carrots, and chopped eggs in a large serving bowl. Add seasoned mayonnaise and stir until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Salad can be made one day in advance.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2008