1. Combine barley and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain any excess water, cover, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, lime zest, cumin, chili flakes, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp. of the oil and sweet potato. Cook until tender, stirring very often, about 3 minutes. Transfer sweet potato to a bowl.
4. Add remaining 2 tsp. oil to pan. Add pork and cook until well cooked on the outside and only slightly pink on the inside, about 4 minutes. Transfer pork to bowl with sweet potatoes. Add pepper strips and mango to pan and cook, stirring often, until mango has thawed, about 2 minutes. Stir in sweet potato, pork, scallions, and orange sauce. Heat until sauce has thickened slightly, about 1 minute.
5. To serve, divide barley among 4 plates and top with pork mixture. Garnish with cilantro and steamed garden peas if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2014