1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to cream butter until light, about 1 minute. Add sugar and continue beating for another minute.
2. Scrape bowl, then add egg. Beat on medium-high until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and flour. Beat on low until fully incorporated. Chill mixture until firm, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
4. When ready to bake, be sure oven racks are spaced evenly and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
5. Scoop batter by scant teaspoonfuls and roll into balls. Each ball should be about 1 inch in diameter. Place granola in a small bowl and roll each ball of dough in the granola, then roll between your hands to press granola into the dough.
6. Place balls on prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Press your thumb firmly in the center of each ball, making an indentation. After all cookies are placed on baking sheets, place about 1/4 tsp. fruit spread in each indentation.
7. Bake both sheets at the same time. Bake until cookies are firm and pale gold on the underside (top will stay pale). Cool for 1 minute on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2014