1. Slice all vegetables using a mandolin set on its thinnest setting.
2. Soak slices in ice water for 10-15 minutes. Rinse repeatedly until water runs clear.
3. Dry the slices thoroughly and toss with oil, herbs and salt.
4. On a microwavable plate, arrange as many slices on a paper towel as will fit in a single layer. It will be necessary to work in batches.
5. Microwave the potato and sweet potato slices at full power for 3 minutes. Flip and continue to cook at half power in 1 minute intervals, removing browned slices as they are done. Repeat until all slices have been cooked.
6. Microwave the beet slices at half power in 2 minute intervals, flipping and removing crisp slices as they are done.