1. Prepare Creole Sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. When butter has melted, add onion and green pepper and sauti until tender.
2. Add ketchup, water, soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, paprika, smoke flavoring, and pepper. Stir well and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a heat-safe serving dish.
3. Prepare crab cakes. In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, mustard, parsley, lemon juice, Tabasco, butter, Cajun Rub, eggs, shallots, and mayonnaise. Stir to blend well. Add bread cubes and combine well with crab mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop crab mixture onto baking sheet and form into about 20 cakes that are 1 1/2 to 2 inches across.
5. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cakes carefully to skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. You may need to do this in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
6. Remove cakes from skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with Creole Sauce.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2009