1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Sprinkle garam masala or curry powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne over onion; mix and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
3. If squash chunks are large, cut into 1-inch pieces. Add to skillet with broth and raisins and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash becomes tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare couscous. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
5. Add zucchini, red bell pepper, and chickpeas to skillet. Simmer, covered, until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Divide couscous among four serving plates. Top with stir-fried vegetables and garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Notes: Precut onions are available in the Produce department. 1 Tbsp. curry powder can be substituted for the garam masala. 1/8 tsp. cayenne is an optional ingredient. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish is optional.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2009