1. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13- inch pan with foil. Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Prepare the bottom layer. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Add graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and walnuts and mix well; mixture will be crumbly. Add the melted chocolate and mix well to distribute.
3. Spread the mixture in the pan, pressing to form a solid layer. Chill the dish in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
4. Prepare the middle layer. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, confectioners sugar, and instant pudding on medium-high until blended to a smooth consistency. Mixing on high speed, add the cream gradually and continue mixing until smooth and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove pan from the freezer and spread filling over the crumb layer. Do this gently, so the crumbs don't get mixed up in the filling. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
6. When filling is set, prepare the top layer. In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the butter. Stir until smooth. Let cool a few minutes, then pour over the custard layer, spreading to the corners. Chill for 5 minutes, then lightly score the chocolate surface into 24 pieces (this will make it easier to slice later). Refrigerate until fully set, about 1 hour.
7. Lift foil from pan to remove the bars. Cut along the score lines into 24 pieces. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2013