1. Add bay leaves and 1 teaspoon salt to a large pot of water and bring to boil over high heat. Add pasta and boil until just cooked, about 7 minutes.
2. Drain pasta in colander, reserving about 1/2 cup of cooking water. Remove and discard bay leaves.
3. Add olive oil, garlic, remaining teaspoon of salt, pepper, and saffron to cooking pot and heat over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. When mixture is warm and fragrant, remove from heat and add shrimp, tossing to coat.
4. Pour pasta back into pot and mix. Add orange juice and orange zest. Add reserved pasta water as necessary to moisten. If mixture seems dry, add more olive oil.
5. Transfer to serving dish or container. Add peas and mix. Serve warm, lightly chilled, or at room temperature. Before serving, check for seasoning, adding salt, pepper, or additional orange juice if needed.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2007