1. Place racks in upper-middle and lower-middle of oven and heat to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and spread rice out on a large plate or baking sheet to cool.
2. Meanwhile, toss sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast on lower-middle rack until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Add cranberries and shallots to a second baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Transfer to upper-middle rack and roast until cranberries are deflated, 10 to 15 minutes; set aside to cool. Toss Brussels sprouts with a big pinch of salt.
4. To assemble salad, arrange layers of rice, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Spoon cranberry mixture evenly around perimeter of Brussels sprout layer. Add all but 1 tablespoon each of the cheese and nuts to center of Brussels sprout layer. Top with arugula and sprinkle with reserved cheese and nuts; cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
5. Whisk remaining 1/3 cup oil, the lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup, the mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until combined. When ready to serve, pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently until combined and coated.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, December 2018