1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry dough into a rectanglemeasuring about 10 by 11 inches. Transfer dough to an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Arrange peaches in neat rows on top of pastry dough, alternating the way eachrow faces, leaving a 1-inch border around dough edges. Fruit can overlap slightly.Fold dough edges over fruit, pinching together the corners so dough holds itsshape. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Brush edges of dough with beaten egg. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove galette from oven. Drizzle surface of peaches with raspberry syrup.
5. Scoop caramel topping, if using, into a small bowl and microwave for 10 seconds.Use a spoon to drizzle caramel topping over peaches. Cut into squares and serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2009