1. Preheat oven to 350degreesF. Line a bakingsheet with parchment paper or spray withvegetable cooking spray.
2. Heat 4 tsp. of the oil in a large pot overmedium heat. Add onions and squash andsaute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir ingarlic and 1 Tbsp. of the ginger and saute anadditional minute. Add water and salt, bringto a boil over high heat, then lower heat andsimmer, partially covered, 15 to 20 minutes,until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
3. While squash is cooking, mix pears withcinnamon, remaining 2 tsp. oil, and remaining1 Tbsp. ginger. Place on preparedbaking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes,until tender. Set aside.
4. Save 12 pear slices for garnish; add theremaining slices to the squash. Puree usinga blender, food processor, or immersionblender. Keep warm in a pot over low heat.
5. Microwave chocolate in a small bowl onhigh for 1 minute. Stir, and heat 30 to 60seconds more if not fully melted. Stir in halfthe cream, adding more if necessary until thechocolate reaches a pouring consistency.
6. To serve, ladle hot soup into 6 bowls,lay 2 pear slices on top of each, and drizzlewith chocolate sauce.
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, September - October 2009