Suggested Toppings -
precooked chicken sausage links, sliced
sliced black olives
sliced red and green bell peppers
1. Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 or 3 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Lightly flour a work surface. Flatten and stretch each pizza with your hands into an irregular shape. Use your finger to break a hole into the bottom center of the dough; this will be the gmouthh of the pizza.
4. Each baking sheet can hold 2 pizzas. When ready to bake, place stretched pizzas on prepared sheets. Spread about 2 Tbsp. sauce on each piece of dough, leaving a 1.4-inch border around the edge and around the mouth. Top with 1.4 cup shredded mozzarella. Using the mouth as a guide, place slices of sausage or pepperoni topped with sliced olives on the pizza as eyeballs (one, two, or three . itfs a monster, after all). Noses and hair could be slices of sausage, peppers, mushrooms, or onions.
5. Bake until cheese is melted and dough is golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, September - October 2009