1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and generously spray with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place flour onto a plate. Add salt and pepper and mix. Place beaten egg onto a separate plate. Place chopped pistachios onto a third plate.
3. Press one side of a tilapia fillet into flour, then egg, and then pistachios. Place fillet onto baking sheet, nut side up. Repeat this step with remaining fillets. Bake fillets for 10 to 12 minutes, until fish is cooked through. The flesh should be opaque and flaky.
4. While fish is cooking, make sauce. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, add butter, shallot, cherries, and black pepper. Cook and stir until shallots start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add apple jelly, vinegar, and broth and increase heat to high. Cook and stir until all apple jelly is melted and sauce begins to boil, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat, leaving pan on burner.
5. When fish is done, use a flat spatula to transfer fillets to 4 dinner plates. Spoon sauce over and around fillets and serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2007