1. Prepare the pastry crust. Add both flours and salt to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to blend. Combine olive oil and 3/4 cup of the ice water in a measuring cup. With machine running on medium speed, pour in oil and water and mix until just combined and dough comes together, less than 1 minute; if dough is dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until doughcomes together. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
2. Prepare filling of your choice (chicken pot pie filling, broccoli calzone filling or egg, sausage and cheese filling).
3. When ready to fill and bake pockets, preheat oven to 400degreesF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/8-inch-thick rectangle, approximately 12 by 24 inches. Cut dough into 8 (6-inch) squares.
5. Place about 1/2 cup filling in center of each square. Moisten edge of dough with egg and fold dough over filling, forming either a triangle or a rectangle. Press with your fingertips to seal. Using a fork, crimp the edges and cut a vent in the top of each pocket. Arrange pockets on prepared baking sheet and brush with egg. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Transfer pockets to a wire rack to cool. Serve after they've cooled for 10 minutes, or freeze. To freeze, arrange pockets on a baking sheet in an even layer and freeze until solid, at least 2 hours. Transfer pockets to a sealable plastic storage bag or container and keep in the freezer up to 3 months.
7. To prepare frozen pockets, remove one pocket from freezer and microwave untilhot, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let cool slightly before eating.
Source: Fresh Magazine January, February 2010