1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the pork strips and fry until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add remaining oil to the pan. Cook the shallots until soft. Add the asparagus and cook for another minute. Add the sugar snap peas. Add just enough water to deglaze the pan.
3. Saute the vegetables until just soft (4-5 minutes). Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
4. Whisk together soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and corn starch.
5. Stir sauce into vegetables and add cooked pork to the pan. Cook until vegetables reach desired doneness and sauce is thickened.
6. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.