1. Position rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan or 8-or 9-inch square baking pan with 1 Tbsp. of the oil. Place pan on a baking sheet and place in the oven while preparing the crust, about 5 minutes.
2. Prepare the crust. In a large bowl, combine onions, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Add potato starch, egg, and remaining 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil. Mix until well combined.
3. Carefully remove pan from oven (oil and pan will be very hot!) and quickly fill pan with potato mixture. Mixture should sizzle when put into the pan. Quickly push mixture partway up sides of pan with a fork or spoon and smooth the bottom. Place back in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
4. While crust bakes, prepare the filling. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and fennel and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Cut asparagus stalks in half. Set aside the tip sections of 7 stalks and cut remaining stalks into 1-inch pieces. Add pieces to the fennel. Continue to saute until fennel is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas, then remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, use an immersion blender to cream cottage cheese until smooth. Add egg and blend until combined. Add vegetable mixture and with a spoon stir to mix well.
7. Remove crust from oven. Smooth cheese mixture over the crust. Arrange reserved asparagus spears in star pattern on top, alternating with pieces of orange pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
8. Return to oven and bake until edges are browned and crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2014