1. Add 1/3 cup flour to a small saucepan and whisk in 1 cup milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture resembles pudding, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment.
2. Add remaining 4 2/3 cup flour, 1 cup milk, buttermilk powder, honey, yeast, and salt to the work bowl and mix on low until combined. Increase speed to medium-low and knead for 5 minutes.
3. With mixer running, add butter pieces one at a time, until incorporated. Continue to knead until dough is smooth and slightly tacky, about 15 minutes. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead briefly to form a smooth ball.
4. Transfer to a large greased bowl, cover, and let sit at room temperature until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Grease a 9x13" baking dish and a 9" round cake pan.
5. To shape, cut dough into 4 equal pieces and then cut each quarter into 6 pieces (about 2 ounces each). Working one at a time, move dough in quick, circular motions with your palm until a tight ball forms. Arrange dough about 1/2" apart in prepared baking pans and cover with greased plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6. Adjust a rack to the middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Gently brush egg wash over the dough and bake until deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2015