1. Place flour in a gallon-sized sealable storage bag. Add chicken thighs and shaketo coat with flour. Discard unused flour.
2. heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken pieces in batches and cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add bacon. When sizzling, add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and carrots. Stir, then add thyme, oregano, bay leaf, pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until onions have softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add wine, broth, and chicken, nestling chicken into vegetables. Increase heat tomedium-high and bring to a simmer. Turn chicken over after 5 minutes. Cook untilsauce is slightly thickened and carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes.
5. Divide chicken and vegetables among four plates. garnish with parsley, if using. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2009