1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Submerge clams in a bowl of cold water. Swish them around, then transfer to a clean bowl, letting any sediment remain in the rinsing bowl. Set clams aside.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, oregano, paprika (or chili powder), and black pepper. Stir and cook 2 to 4 minutes, until mixture is dry.
4. Stir in broth, then quinoa. Bring to a boil. If not using a Dutch oven, transfer quinoa mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Arrange clams in the pan or Dutch oven in a single even layer. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and scatter peas over quinoa and clams. Cover and return to oven. Cook 10 minutes more, until clams are opened and liquid is absorbed. For best texture, cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
6. Discard any unopened clams and serve warm, with lemon wedges on the side,if using. May be refrigerated for 1 day. Remove clams from shells and store in atightly covered container.
Source: Fresh Magazine September, October 2010