1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Place carrots on pan and toss with 2 tsp. oil. Spread out in a single layer, and roast carrots until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
2. While carrots roast, heat remaining 4 tsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook 3 minutes. Add celery and garlic, stirring to mix, and cook 3 more minutes. Add pears, ginger, coriander, mustard seeds, salt, and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add water and wine, stirring to mix. Cook over low heat until the carrots are done roasting.
3. Add roasted carrots to soup and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat tomaintain a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes; celery should be tender. Use animmersion blender to puree soup until smooth. Alternately, transfer in batches andpuree in a blender or food processor; return soup to pan and heat just tillsteaming.
4. While soup simmers, toast pistachios in a small skillet over medium heat untilfragrant, about 3 minutes. Watch carefully that they don't burn. Remove from heat,chop coarsely, and set aside.
5. To serve, divide soup among 6 bowls and garnish with a spoonful of yogurt, ifdesired, and a sprinkling of pistachios.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2013