1. Toss scallops with half tamari or soy sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Place a large, high-sided skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until the quinoa begins to color (6-8 minutes). Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant (1 minute).
3. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, cover and cook over medium heat until the water is absorbed (15 minutes). Stir in peas, remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until water is mostly absorbed and peas are just tender (5 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, whisk together 3 tablespoons canola oil, remaining tamari or soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Toss with the quinoa mixture, scallions, and bell pepper.
5. Remove the scallops from the marinade and pat dry. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the scallops, turning once, until golden and just firm (1-2 minutes per side).
6. Top salad with scallops and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.