1. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in between two paper towels; set aside.
2. Cook noodles according to package instructions, toss with sesame oil, and divide into 4 bowls.
3. For the broth: Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add shiitakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and add coconut water and fish sauce.
4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add scallops in a single layer and cook, without moving, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip scallops with tongs and continue to cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to bowls.
5. Remove skillet from heat and whisk in 1/4 cup coconut broth, scraping up any brown bits. Stir back into broth and ladle into bowls. Top evenly with garnishes and serve with lime wedges.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January-February, 2016