1. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in between two paper towels; set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate and drain skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon fat in a small bowl. Slowly whisk broth into skillet (off heat), scraping up any brown bits, and transfer to another bowl.
3. Wipe skillet dry and heat reserved bacon fat over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add scallops in a single layer and cook without moving until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip scallops with tongs and continue to cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cover with foil.
4. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in reserved broth, scraping up any brown bits. Add half-and-half, thyme, garlic, and crushed red pepper and simmer until sauce is reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter until melted and sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Add sauce, reserved bacon, and lemon juice to scallops and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January-February, 2016