1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a 9 or 10 inch skillet with an ovenproof handle, and put skillet into hot oven to melt butter and heat pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk together and add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
4. Remove hot skillet from oven and pour in batter. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out dry, with a few crumbs clinging to it.
5. Cut into wedges and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2007