1. Heat vegetable oil in an extra-large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, and peppers. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add pork. Cook and stir until cooked on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, salsa, hominy, and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While pork simmers, prepare garnishes. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro. Peel and chop avocado. Set both garnishes aside.
4. Posole is ready when peppers are tender and pork is cooked through.
5. To serve, divide posole among four bowls. Garnish each bowl with about 2 Tbsp. sour cream, 1/4 of the chopped avocado, and 5 tortilla chips.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2007