1. Remove lobster meat from shells and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine lobster shells, fish stock, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
2. While stock simmers, prepare the rest of the soup. In a large stockpot, cook bacon till crisp. Drain on paper towels and chop. Set aside.
3. In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and poblano chili and sautee until soft, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add evaporated milk. When stock is ready, pour through strainer into pot, discarding shells and bay leaf.
4. Add corn, potatoes, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Use an immersion blender and partially puree the soup, keeping some of the vegetables whole. Alternately, transfer about 2 cups of soup with vegetables to a blender, puree, and return the contents to the pot. Add lobster meat and cook just until heated through, about 1 minute. Be careful not to cook too long, or lobster meat will get tough.
5. Pour soup into 6 bowls and sprinkle with reserved bacon and chives.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2013