1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick bottom and sides of pie shell with a fork. Partially bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove shell from oven and set aside to cool. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
2. Peel tomatoes (see step 3 on page 28) and cut into thin slices. Line a cutting board or plate with paper towels and arrange tomato slices in a single layer on the towels, then cover with more paper towels. Pat dry to absorb as much liquid as possible. If top towel gets completely wet, replace with a second towel and pat the tomatoes to absorb more liquid.
3. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper, and basil. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Set aside.
4. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the bottom of the cooled pre-baked crust.Arrange tomato slices on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Cover with the mayonnaise mixture, spreading to the edge of the crust to make a smooth surface.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until surface begins to turn golden brown at the edges. Place pan on a wire rack and let cool about 20 minutes before slicing. Serve pie warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011