1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Combine sugar, chili powder, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, and thyme in a resealable bag. Add chicken and toss to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate.
3. Rinse kale and pat dry. Tear the leaves off the thick stems and cut into bite-size pieces. Discard stems. Place leaves in a large bowl and toss with 2 tsp. olive oil and salt. Spread cut leaves on prepared sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp; watch carefully to make sure the edges don't burn.
4. Meanwhile, slice cherry tomatoes into halves, place in a medium bowl, and toss with pepper. Set aside. Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix sunflower seeds with tomatoes. Set aside.
5. Wipe out skillet, add remaining 2 tsp. oil, and return to medium-high heat. Add the spice-rubbed chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5minutes per side.
6. To serve, place kale on a plate and top with sliced chicken and tomatoes.
Source: Fresh Magazine March, April 2010