1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut pizza dough into quarters. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
2. Place spinach in a strainer and press out all excess water. In a medium bowl, mix spinach with egg, mozzarella, feta, cottage cheese, Parmesan, salt, if using, and pepper.
3. Working one piece of dough at a time, lightly flour work surface and roll out dough into an 8-inch circle. Place 1/4 of the spinach mixture (about 2/3 cup) in the center of the circle. Pull the dough over the filling to make a half-moon shape. Press gently to slightly flatten the calzone.
4. Working from one side of the circle to the other, seal calzone by rolling the edge up and over, twisting the edge to seal. Tuck the small tail of remaining dough underneath. Transfer calzone to prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining pieces of dough and filling.
5. Brush top of each calzone with oil. Use a sharp knife to cut a small slit in the top of each one. Bake until golden, about 20 to 22 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2014