1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. In a medium bowl, mash 1/2 cup of the beans using the back of a spoon or fork. Stir in salsa, lime juice, remaining 1/2 cup beans, and 1 Tbsp. each of the cilantro and scallions. Stir to combine. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the turkey with the remaining cilantro and scallions. Mix in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cheese, and pepper. Mix until evenly blended. Form into 4 patties (about 4 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick).
4. Brush hot grill with vegetable oil. Place burgers on the grill and cook undisturbed for 6 to 7 minutes until well marked. Spray the tops of the burgers with cooking spray and flip. Cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes until cooked through.
5. Assemble burgers. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom of each roll. Top with a tomato slice, a burger patty, a generous 2 Tbsp. of the bean mixture, and then the top half of the roll. Serve immediately.
Source: fresh Magazine May, June 2010