1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray. Scatter almonds over one sheet and bake 6 to 7 minutes, until toasted. (Be careful not to let them burn.) Remove nuts to a small bowl and set aside. Raise heat to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir or whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and both sugars using an electric mixer on medium-high. Stir beaten egg and brandy in a small cup, then combine with butter mixture.
4. Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until combined, then add remaining flour and mix on low until all flour is completely mixed in. Add chocolate chips, toasted almonds, and oatmeal. Mix on low speed just until evenly distributed.
5. Scoop scant tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking heets about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies at 3750F for 12 inutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking time.
6. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then move to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2009