1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, asparagus, garlic, and ginger; cook 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
2. Pour in broth. Raise heat to medium-high to bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. While soup simmers, heat sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat. Toast seeds, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Watch carefully, as they can burn soon after turning golden. Reserve 1 tablespoon seeds and add remaining 4 tablespoons to the soup; simmer 5 minutes.
4. Stir in lemon juice and puree soup in a blender or food processor, in batches if necessary, or using an immersion blender. Return to saucepan, stir in almond milk, and heat 2 minutes. Taste and add additional salt, pepper, or lemon juice if desired.
5. Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Garnish with reserved sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2012