Note: Sea salt can be substituted for kosher salt. 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley is an optional ingredient.
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pan; cover to keep warm. Set aside.
2. While potatoes are cooking, prepare sauce. In a small bowl, mix together hot peppers, ketchup, and vinegar. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. When butter has melted, shake pan to mix with oil, then add tuna steaks. Sprinkle tops of steaks with salt. Cook tuna for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare to medium tuna. Transfer tuna steaks to a serving platter and cover with foil.
4. Add garlic and paprika to skillet and cook and stir over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add hot pepper mixture. Simmer and stir for 1 minute. Add clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes. If using, add parsley to sauce.
5. To serve, arrange potatoes around tuna on platter and spoon sauce over both. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2009