1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add turkey and brown. When browned, remove from skillet and place in large stock pot.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeqo pepper, and yellow, red, and orange peppers and sauti. When onions are translucent, remove mixture to stock pot with turkey.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, oregano, cayenne pepper, sugar, black pepper, and kidney beans to stock pot. Cook over low heat for 1 hour, uncovered, stirring occasionally. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt.
What Kids Can Do:
* Mix in ingredients.
* Brown ground turkey and sauti vegetables.
* Older kids can chop vegetables.
Note: Jalapeno and other chili peppers can be hot on young fingers, and are best chopped by adults. If you like your chili less spicy, discard seeds.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2007