1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Prepare the Sweet and Spicy Corn Relish. Husk corn and brush each ear with 1 tsp. of the olive oil. Place corn on the grill rack and grill, covered, for 8 to 12minutes, turning occasionally, until the corn begins to char. Watch carefully to make sure corn doesn't overcook. Remove corn from the grill and let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil with the vinegar, honey, cumin, salt, and crushed red pepper. Add the bell pepper, scallions,and jalape?o. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut off the kernels and add to the bowl. Cover and set aside. (May be prepared 1 day in advance and stored,refrigerated, in an airtight container.)
4. Prepare the Smoky Tomatoes (may be done simultaneously with the corn relish). Rub all sides of the tomato halves with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Place tomatoes cut side down on the grill and cook 4 to 6 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 4 to 6 minutes, until marked. Transfer tomatoes to a plate and let cool for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut each half in two and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the rub and salt and mix to distribute. Cover and set aside.
5. Grill the turkey dogs. Lower the grill heat to medium. Place turkey dogs on the grill, perpendicular to the grill grates. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, until they have darkened in colorand grill marks appear. Place buns on the edge of the grill to warm.
6. To serve, place hot dogs in the buns and serve with the Sweet and Spicy Corn Relish and Smoky Tomatoes in bowls on the side.
Source: fresh magazine May, June 2010