1. Add turnips and sweet potato to a steamer basket and steam until very tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
2. While vegetables cook, combine yogurt, curry powder, and cilantro in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
3. Place cooked vegetables in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork. Stir in flour, scallions, coriander, salt, and pepper. If the mixture seems too soft, add a little more flour to absorb the excess moisture. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
4. Heat 1/2 Tbsp. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop mixture in 1/4 cup amounts into the skillet and gently flatten into a patty with a spatula. Cook 4 patties at a time (there should be enough for 8 patties) for 3 minutes per side, or until browned and crispy. Keep cooked patties warm in the oven. Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil and cook the second batch.
5. Transfer patties to a serving platter and serve with curried yogurt sauce drizzled on top.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012