1. Bring about 1 inch of water to a simmer over medium heat in a medium saucepan or bottom of a double boiler.
2. Place white chocolate in a medium heat-safe bowl or top of double boiler and place over saucepan, making sure bottom of bowl doesn't touch simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate has melted, about 3 minutes. Remove bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a separate medium heat-safe bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Place over saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until egg yolks feel hot to the touch and sugar has melted, about 3 minutes.
4. Fold egg yolk mixture into white chocolate. Add peppermint extract and fold to combine. Let cool about 10 minutes.
5. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to overbeat. Fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture, mixing thoroughly.
6. Scoop mousse into a gallon-size resealable bag. Snip one corner of the bag and pipe mousse into 6 cups or small bowls. Alternatively, use a large spoon to scoop mousse into bowls or cups and smooth surface. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with peppermint candies; serve chilled.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2014