1. Place a rack in upper-middle of oven and heat to 400 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
2. Combine cherries with orange zest and juice in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until bubbling, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; let sit 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and ginger in a large bowl and whisk until blended. In a medium bowl, whisk coconut oil, honey, sugar, and eggs until smooth and shiny. Add yogurt, orange-cherry mixture, and vanilla and stir to combine.
4. Add wet mixture to flour mixture and fold until just combined, being careful not to overmix (a few streaks of flour may remain). Using a greased measuring cup, fill each muffin cup with a scant 1/2 cup of batter.
5. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until muffins are domed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove muffins and let cool on a wire rack 10 more minutes before serving. Store cooled muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days or freeze them in a zip-top bag for up to one month.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September 2019