1. Soak toothpicks in a bowl of warm water (this keeps them from scorching on the grill).
2. Put scallops in a large bowl. Mix gently with Lemon Pepper Marinade. While scallops marinate at room temperature for about 10 minutes, heat grill or broiler.
3. Wrap one bacon strip around each scallop, and stick a toothpick through to hold bacon in place. Place scallops on broiler pan or grill and brush generously with Wasabi Ginger Grilling Sauce. Grill or broil for 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely to avoid burning. Turn scallops and brush with more grilling sauce, carefully coating bacon edges. Grill for an additional 2 to 3 minutes to finish cooking and crisp bacon.
4. Test one scallop for doneness by piercing with a sharp knife. The inside should be just barely translucent (better to undercook slightly, as scallops will continue to cook after being removed from grill).
5. Place lettuce on a serving platter and place scallops on top of lettuce. Serve hot with Dijon Wasabi Dip, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2007