1. In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
2. Add carrot, potato, zucchini, and red pepper flakes, and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes with juice, thyme, wild rice blend, and broth. Cover and simmer over low heat until rice is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 15 minutes. The grains should be just tender and the liquid absorbed. Set aside, uncovered, until rice is ready.
5. When rice is tender, stir in peas and let rest a few minutes until peas are warmed through. Fluff quinoa and add to rice along with parsley, salt, and black pepper; stir to mix. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a few sprigs of parsley if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2012