1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until just translucent (3-5 minutes).
2. Stir in rice and pine nuts and toast until nutty (2 minutes).
3. Add 1/2 cup broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring often until liquid is nearly absorbed.
4. Add another 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is absorbed, add diced squash and another 1/2 a cup of broth, stirring often.
5. Add additional broth in 1/2 cup increments. Add kale with the last 1/2 cup of broth. Cook mixture until broth is absorbed and kale is soft and bright green. Serve.