1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly butter a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan and set aside.
3. Prepare the fruit; apricots-peel on, pitted and cut into 3/4-inch slices.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the apricots, almond extract, brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour. Mix well. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, make the topping. Combine the remaining amount of flour, oats, slivered almonds, brown sugar, and cinnamon, stirring until evenly mixed. Using your fingertips, rub cold butter (cut into 1/2-inch cubes) into the mixture until the texture is crumbly.
5. Spoon the crumb topping over the fruit, making sure all the fruit is covered by the crumbs.
6. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve hot; warm; or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, July - August 2006