1. Combine lime juice, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of garlic in a medium bowl. Toss with beef to coat.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef until browned (3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in same skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic and saute until tender (2-3 minutes).
4. Stir in water, rice, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until not quite tender (15 minutes). Add tomatoes to cooked rice, and cook until liquid is absorbed (3-5 minutes).
5. Add beef and beans. Cook and stir until heated through (1-2 minutes). Serve hot.