1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Trim endives: remove any discolored parts, rinse, and slice each endive in half lengthwise.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add salt and nutmeg, then endives. Brown pieces quickly, turning once or twice, about 3 minutes per side. Add broth and lemon juice, cover pan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
4. While endives simmer, chop chives and set aside. Spray a gratin pan or an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
5. Pour enough of the cooking liquid to cover the bottom of the pan (about 1/2 cup), and then transfer endives to the pan.Sprinkle raisins between the endives, then sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover dish with foil, bake for 4 minutes, then uncover and bake another 4 minutes, until cheese has melted.
6. Transfer endives to a serving platter and sprinkle chives over the top. Serve hot.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2012